Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Favorite Fish Breading

This is my favorite breading for fish. What you get in the store is good but SO salty! I have to watch my intake so I make my own. It's more fun that way anyway. Here's my favorite way to make fish breading. It can be used on any meat but fish does really well with this. 

Ingredients:
1 cup flour
3/4 cup yellow or white corn meal
2 teaspoons Seasoned Salt
1/8 teaspoon or a few turns of cracked black pepper

You could also adds teaspoon or two of Garlic Pepper Seasoning in place of the black pepper. Mix it up with any of our new seasonings too like the Green Tea Peppercorn or even Rustic Herb Seasoning. Yum!!  

I did breaded flounder last night but you could totally use any fish you want. I made sure the fish was somewhat wet and then just coated it evenly. I pan fried it in shallow oil for 10-12 minutes and cooked 6 filets. There was left overt breading so you could make it ahead and just use a small amount at a time. Keep it in an air tight container and it should be good for awhile. If you do this, let me know how long it kept for in your container. I would love your feedback. 


This yumminess is going to work with me today. Have fun and enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment