Sunday, February 14, 2016

Rustic Spaghetti & Meatballs

There is just something special about Italian for Valentines Day. It's red I suppose but more than that it is like a big warm hug to your family or special someone. 

Since I was able to make tacos with the leftover pork this week, I can use the ground beef we got for tacos as meatballs for our Valentines Dinner. Winning!!  

I have another recipe for Rustic Herb Meatballs here in the blog. I didn't have bread crumbs this time though so I used some crackers I had in the cabinet. Use what you have!  
I know you just love our fine Valentine China. Ha!


Here's the recipe for the spaghetti and the meatballs. Use whichever recipe you want however. 

Ingredients:
1 pound ground beef
1 egg
10-15 crackers
2 tablespoons Rustic Herb Seasoning

Start by putting the beef, eggs and Rustic Herb Seasoning in the bowl. 

Then put crackers 10-15 or so in a zipper bag and crush. I just used my hand mixers.....my hands!  Then pour your crumbs into the bowl. I don't add salt or pepper because the Rustic Herb Seasoning provides that peppery flavor and the crackers have salt on them. 

This version I am baking. So spray your chosen baking dish with cooking spray, an 8x8 baker or I used my deep dish pie plate. 

Roll your meatballs about 1 inch and place into your baking dish. 

Cover with foil so that the grease doesn't pop all over the oven and the meatballs cook through. 

Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes. I pre made mine this morning since I already had the oven on for our valentines biscuits and gravy breakfast. But you could do this while you are making your spaghetti at dinnertime. 

I made my spaghetti noodles. I cook mine for 9 minutes so they aren't over cooked. Warm the jarred sauce in a sauce pan. I like to jazz mine up with either some Mama Mia Marinara Seasoning or more Rustic Herb Seasoning. Add your meatballs to the sauce and warm through. 

Serve over the spaghetti and garnish with Parmesan cheese. 

I am serving a salad and a loaf of Bountiful Beer Bread. Oh yeah!  It's Valentines after all. 

Have fun with it and make it your own. Happy cooking!!







No comments:

Post a Comment