Saturday, February 6, 2016

Green Eggs, No Ham

do really like green eggs, Sam I am.  I do really like Green Eggs, No Ham!

Alright, so that was corny but this was soooo good this morning!!  

I love, love foods that are comforting and so bad for you but I also love foods that are fresh and good for you. How awesome for me!  There is no limit to the foods I can eat, whoooooo!  

How awesome does this look. That's is a paper plate of yummyness right there!

I love Kale. Yes, I know it is trendy righ now but I just love the stuff. Don't like kale?  Use spinach or any other green you like in this recipe.  Make it your own! Just don't forget the Tastefully Simple!  😉  I love coconut oil too and it is sooo good for you!  Look up other uses for coconut oil. Amazing!!

So here's how I made it. 

Ingredients:
2-3 eggs depending on how hungry you are, beaten
1-2 tablespoons milk, I use 1%
3-4 stalks of kale, washed, stripped from the stem and chopped, bite size pieces
2 tablespoons Spinach & Herb Seasoning
1-2 teaspoons coconut oil 
Dash salt
Cracked black pepper

I started by chopping up the kale and then setting it aside. 

Beat the eggs with the milk and black pepper. Set aside. (This is called miss en place, thanks Food Network!)


Heat your skillet on medium and add the coconut oil. 

When melted add your kale and stir. Watch out for the water because the oil will pop so don't add it all at once. Add the Spinach & Herb Seasoning and stir.  Cook just until it starts to wilt. It will cook more with the eggs. 


Once wilted, pour in the egg mixture and stir. 
Cook until the eggs are set but not brown. Who likes brown eggs?!  Yuck!  Just before the eggs are set, sprinkle with a dash of salt. 

Serve with some mini peppers for a fresh crunch. Happy Breakfast!  (Makes a great lunch or dinner too!) 


Let me know how you like it!


No comments:

Post a Comment