Saturday, January 30, 2016

Breakfast Casserole

So, I don't know why it is but when I am sick I like to cook. Call me weird, I'm used to it. Ha!  I was rummaging through the fridge and came across some leftover biscuits. We bought one of those breakfast packs at the grocery that has eggs, bacon, sausage and biscuits in them.  We had already fixed the bacon and biscuits thus the leftover biscuits. ;) Notice there is no leftover bacon.....

So I started rummaging some more and came up with a couple of potatoes, some eggs, some shredded Mexican blend cheese (courtesy if Wahoo! Taco night!) and voila!  I have created a breakfast casserole. Now it does take some time so you better have a yogurt or something to tide you over. My hubby had leftover pizza from last night. Hmmm

So here is what I threw together. You know it has Tastefully Simple in it and if you don't have leftover biscuits bit have leftover beer bread heaven forbid, that would work too. 


Ingredients:
5-6 leftover biscuits, cubed
2 peeled and cubed potatoes
2 tablespoons or capful of Onion Onion
1 lb roll of breakfast sausage
3 tablespoons flour
1 tablespoon coconut oil
6 eggs beaten
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon Garlic Pepper Seasoning 
1/4 cup shredded cheese

Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. 

Prep your biscuits and potatoes and place in a greased baking dish. I used a 10x10 square but a 13x9 would work too. Sprinkle with the Onion Onion and set aside.

Cook and crumble the sausage until no longer pink. Remove from the pan with a strainer spoon and sprinkle over the biscuits and potatoes. 

My sausage didn't leave much fat in the pan so I added the coconut oil. Stir in the flour, stirred and let it cook for a minute or so.  Add your milk while whisking the whole time. Cool until thick and bubbly. Immediately pour over your sausage layer.

Crack and beat your eggs. Add the Garlic Pepper Seasoning and stir well. Pour over the gravy layer, OH YEAH! 

Sprinkle with shredded cheese and chill for 15-20 minutes or even overnight if you want to make it ahead. 

Bake for 50-60 minutes, serve warm and enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment