Saturday, January 2, 2016

Black Forest Cake

Oh my goodness!!  I made this for one of our family Christmas celebrations an oh my stars was it good!  It is a take on a cake that my husband's late mother used to make. Soooo good. It's not your typical Black Forest Cake. Sooo good!  

Let's bake!

Ingredients:
Classy Chocolate Pound Cake Mix
1 stick of unsalted butter
1 can of cherry pie filling (oh yes!)
1 tub of chocolate fudge frosting 

Butter a round baking pan. I used the Tastefully Simple Round Baker from a season or two ago. My fave baking dish for pound cake. I like it round instead of loaf. You could also use a square 8x8 pan. 

Melt the stick of butter in a glass mixing bowl. Your microwave is your friend!  

Add the pound cake mix and cherry pie filling. Mix until you don't see dry cake mix anymore but don't over mix!  It will be really thick and that is ok. The cherries will release some juice as they cook, so your cake will be so moist. 

Spread it in the baking pan and smooth it out as much as you can. 

Bake as directed in the box. 

Pull it out of the oven and cool on a wire rack until it is completely cool. Frost, decorate if desired and enjoy!  


I love feedback so let me know what you think!







No comments:

Post a Comment