Thursday, January 28, 2016

Fusion Rice Bowl

So my favorite thing to do when I am home sick is make comfort food. If I feel up to it. Today I didn't really feel up to it but I wanted something yummy and comforting for lunch, sooooo......

Here is what I did. 

Ingredients:
1 boxed rice/vermicelli mix, I used the fried rice flavor
2 tablespoons butter
2 cups water
4-5 bunches of kale or your fave green, chopped
1 pouch of tuna, unflavored
2 teaspoons soy sauce
2-3 teaspoons Balsamic Vinegar of Modena 
Fresh ground pepper to taste
1 tablespoon Avocado Oil
1 egg, beaten

Prepare the rice according to the package. 

To the prepared rice, add the chopped kale. Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until the rice is tender and water absorbed. May take a little longer depending on the water content in your kale. 

Add the soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, tuna and pepper. 

Move rice mixture to the side, add the avocado oil to the pan and your beaten egg. Scramble egg until firm and break up into your rice mixture. 

Add more soy sauce and balsamic vinegar to your taste. Serve in a bowl and enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment